Subject: Re: Not Perfectly Clear!
From: "Geary N. Hughes" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 22:23:27 -0600 (CST)

I've always modelled graphs in such a way that I _pushed_ the "bar" 
slowly into position.  Either from the top, bottom, left, or right.  Just
give the bar plenty of length, and make the "growth axis" opaque, so the
excess length of the bar is invisible to the camera.  Then keyframe the 
motion, so the bar appears to "grow" into position.

Hope this isn't as clear as mud...

Geary N. Hughes      |   [email-masked]   |
Hughes polyVision    |   817.468.8234        |      ...RISCy Business...
Arlington, Texas     |   214.713.5834 (fax)  |

On Fri, 17 Feb 1995 [email-masked] wrote:

> I am trying to make a line on a bar graph slowly appear from left to right. I 
> figured a transparency image map sequence would do the trick, but it seems 
> like I can never make the object *totally* transparent. There is always a 
> faint outline of it. I've even tried it with no image map and just 100% 
> transparency. However, if I set transparency to 200%, the object is totally 
> gone. My questions are: 1) how do I animate my bar graph?, and 2) why isn't
> 100% transparency 100% invisible?
> 
> --Doug
>